Is it one of those mornings when you wake up thirsty, fighting to get up from your bed, aching muscles and feeling still dizzy from all that blast you had last night? Yes, I am talking about you being foolish and getting wasted on serious number of Tequila shots on top of the dinner wine.
First of all, here is some bad news. Considering your poor judgement last night, I am guessing you are already short on the number of neurons an average, intelligent, adult has. Not to worry, you still might have a few billion, but unfortunately last night, you likely have lost a few thousand.
Another bad news, your gut isn’t healthy either. Doctors call this event, “gut dysbiosis”, It’s like you just washed your colon with a disinfectant and millions of good friendly bugs that use to live there, now don’t.
By this time you’ve lost interest in reading this so let me introduce couple of good news.
First, we can fix your hangover faster so that you might be able to make your lunch date. Here is a recipe:
- Stop telling yourself that you’ll never drink again. We all can tell you are lying.
- Get up and drink a full glass of coconut water.
- Go to kitchen and boil 2 cups of water and throw 2-3 inches of crushed ginger into it. Let it simmer for a bit.
- Take off the heat, add 2 tsp of lemon juice and 2 tbsp of Honey. This is your tea to be sipped while catching up on CNN, until it’s all gone. Slowly.
- Now, when you are feeling a bit better, your breakfast today is just a glass of fruit smoothie. Choose banana and berries with yogurt. Do not attempt to fix your problem with eggs and bacon. Grease is going to make the whole thing worse than it actually is.
If someone told you that the best cure for hangover is another shot of Tequila, is looking for a good excuse to stay inebriated. Unless you have methanol poisoning, this method will not work.
There is another cure that has scientifically proven to work in 88% of cases. Borage oil is derived from the seeds of starflower and studies have found it to work very well, even better than other known remedy, prickly pear extract. If you have any of these handy with you, go ahead and take one.
Next time you are in the same situation like last night, mind the number of drinks and stay with clear liquors such as Vodka, Gin and white rum. These have low levels of congeners and can reduce the effect of hangover next time.
Now go to sleep. Alcohol screws up your sleep pattern and you need to doze this off.